The Little Known Fact
Ask participants to share their name, department or role in the organization, length of service, and one little-known fact about themselves. This “little-known fact” becomes a humanizing element that can help break down differences such as grade/status/spiritual maturity in future interaction.
True or False
Ask your participants to introduce themselves and make three or four statements about themselves, one of which is false. Now get the rest of the group to vote on which fact is false.
- Share your first and last name. How long have you been attending Central?
- Are you a morning person or night person?
- If you could go any place in the world where would you go and why?
- Are you a Christ follower? What was one significant moment in your spiritual journey?
- What is one goal you would like to accomplish in your lifetime?
- Have you read the entire New Testament from Matthew to Revelation? Do you have an unanswered question?
- What breaks your heart or fires you up (this is in regards to social issues and or some injustice) what would you do about and where would you go to make a difference?
- What are your top 2 interests/hobbies?
- Tell us a unique or quirky habit about yourself.
- When did God become real to you?
- Do you have an image of what God looks like to you? Can you share this with us?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
- Can you explain a time when you got in trouble with someone in authority?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is the most bizarre thing that ever happened to you?
- Have you ever experienced a miracle? Please explain.
- When was your most embarrassing moment? Can you explain?
- If you could travel back in time where would you go and why?
- Is the earth round or flat?
- Did the Americans really land on the moon?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- What is your hidden talent?
- What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child?
- Is there a habit you see others do that drives you bonkers?
- Do you have a conspiracy theory that resonates with you…as being possible?
- Tell us what was or is your vocation in life. If you are retired tell us what you did when you were not retired
- In the next 2 months is there something big coming on your radar that you want to share with the group?
Which question will you try in your next group meeting?